Blogalogalog

Just another WordPress.com site

Message to Idiot Motorcycle Riders

Dear anonymous motorcyclist who refuses to wear protective gear like a motorcycle jacket, gloves, boots, or helmet:

Congratulations on being one of the most ignorant, unintelligent, thickheaded, imbecilic people on the planet, however ignorance is not bliss in this situation.  It is generally acknowledged that riding a motorcycle is dangerous enough as is; what in the world makes you so morbidly obsessed to make it more so by riding sans equipment, or even a long sleeve shirt? Motorcycle jackets are more than just a fashion statement. Gloves do more than just make your hands sweat on warm summer days. I can guarantee you that wearing a full-face helmet will prove more comfortable than rubbing face with glass and pavement would when a car unexpectedly brakes and you can’t stop in time.

Reckless crotch rocket riders:

Yes, everyone knows that you are too cool for school as they watch you fly by on I-75 on your cherry red Hayabusa and pop a wheelie at 90 MPH.  But what you may not realize that everyone also knows is that you are also a moron. Your overinflated ego will not cushion your fall. A plain white T will not protect you from anything. Doing stupid stunts on your bike while having your buddy video tape you will accelerate your youtube view count as well as your visit with the Big Guy upstairs.

Just because it isn’t a law in all states, doesn’t mean you should ride without a jacket or helmet. Just because it isn’t required to take the Basic Rider Course, doesn’t mean you shouldn’t. Just because there isn’t a law requiring people to take fresh water when they go sailing across the Atlantic, doesn’t mean you shouldn’t.

News flash: helmets. save. lives. Wear one before you lose yours in a situation that could have been prevented.

Take a look at the picture below. Why buy a helmet if you’re just going to leave it hanging on the side of your motorcycle? I don’t know if the guy on the far left is thinking that he will somehow be able to unhook his helmet, put it on, and strap it up in less than one second, but he is sorely mistaken.

If you are the type of person who needs statistics and facts, Click This

Do yourself a favor, and suit up before riding.

Sincerely,

Gabe

Advertisements

August 4, 2010 - Posted by | opinion | , , ,

2 Comments »

  1. Gabe,

    You hit the nail on the head. It is my personal belief that a majority of the motorcycle(Harley Davidson) and crotch rocket (kawasaki) riders out there are just insecure people who cry out for attention. Like I said, majority, not all of them. The Harley Davidson faggots : Finally, for the first time in their life, they feel as if they are a part of something, a bigger group, a club. Throughout their childhood, they were alone, picked on, hated, ridiculed. Today, they are big and fat and dirty with long beards and nappy ass hair, making that statement “IM FUCKIN TOUGH YO!” “LOOK AT ME ON MY HARLEY!” “LOOK, IM RIDIN WITH OTHER INSECURE TOUGH GUYS ON HARLEYS!” ” FINALLY, I AM SOMEBODY! ” When in reality, they are still nobody.

    Crotch rocket riders : Why you would ever want to go 120 miles an hour on a crowded ass highway on just 2 wheels blows my mind. 3% of these people are adrenaline junkies and do not care for attention. All they want is to feel the rush, then they go home. The other 97% have these thoughts going through their heads the entire time : “OH MY GOD I’M GONNA DIE BUT ITS OKAY AT LEAST ALL THESE PEOPLE WILL GET TO SEE IT HAPPEN!” “DUDE LOOK AT ME WHIZZ BY YOU, LOOK AT HOW FAST I AM GOING, HOW COOL AM I NOW?” “I BET YOU WISH I WAS YOUR BOYFRIEND, I’M SUCH A BADASS.” “LOOK AT THIS WHEELIE BRO! I’M SO FUCKIN TALENTED!” “I BET ALL THESE PEOPLE I’M FLYING BY WISH THEY WERE MY FRIEND, IM SO COOL.”

    Comment by fr0st3h | August 5, 2010 | Reply

    • Haha, now that is one hell of an opinion; I can appreciate your passion and fire.

      Comment by ebag99 | August 5, 2010 | Reply


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: